What a week this has been. Never mind all of the mess surrounding the move from one place to another (It’s not over yet. The movers only show up tomorrow). “Hog Valley” is in production, and I’m spending so much time in ‘Meaningful Discussion’ with the production teams that I don’t have any time or energy to work on “Twisted Key”.
First off, I stipulated a font sixe for the body text, but the proof came back two sizes smaller. I told them to use the font size I’d given them, and their response was to tell me it was going to cost $200.00 of my dollars to affect the change. I said ‘No’. More on this later.
That same day the cover art proof arrive in an email and it was suggested to me to get a better quality digital photo for them to work with, because the photo I’d initially provided was way too weak on detail. So I had to drive to the artists home a few hours away, re-photograph the artwork and come back, clean up the image and let them know I had it.
When I did that I found out that the publisher had ‘waived’ the charge for the font size change. I was thoroughly wiped out by the drive, and very relieved by the change in position of the publisher.
Now I’m praying the book cover design folks won’t try to bill me for the new artwork. They didn’t screw this one up – I did…
Well, it’s Labor Day weekend. Maybe nobody will notice that little fact…
Have a great Labor Day weekend!